Friday, October 28, 2011

The Weight of the Blanket of Love





It is different this year
For the hole is hand stitched
With the thread that I lost
Then re-found and re-fit

And the tear covered fingers
Of hand to the face
Are changing the vacancy
To knowledge and grace

Can you see how the empty
Really waits to be filled
And the fabric of time
Is sewn with heart’s skill

And the sweet smell of sunshine
Still hangs on the fence
Within the lost pages
Of life’s circumstance

So don’t worry my darling
Where ever you are
Is a minute just now
And then gone but not far

Though the road may seem empty
When the skin feels the cold
 the weight of my heart
Is the blanket you hold

4 comments:

  1. oh Martie! You have outdone yourself. Those last two lines took my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have words for what you've expressed here. You are a wise old soul.

    ReplyDelete