Tuesday, April 8, 2014

In the Far Off Someplace Else










In the far off someplace else
you dream with the tongue of a smile
that hides in the corner of your mouth
then wakes me with crushed leaves








Movement is in the air
wearing the changing of time
as the scurry things hide from light
and the last leaf whispers past the window
drunk on the beginning of something








My sweater hangs quietly
in the closet of last winter
still holding the clouds pull
waiting for usefulness to begin







Did you find me in the warmth
where the pillow held the contour
long past my leaving
with your own daylight dreaming?









I wonder where the photo was taken
of your crinkled blue eyes
filled with something that was a gift
where I could see so much time become new







and how can I tell you now
long past that hour of my memory
so ripe and ready to read
the slip of paper wrapped in love
that still holds to the feeling








that I do taste the honey
as it creeps into morning
and longs for the changing
though it still lingers in good night







It travels so fast you see
past a dream and midnight cover
to awaken groggy and stuck
but almost here



8 comments:

  1. Love these !! 💕❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.....
    Taylor will be with you
    always

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is smiling his sweet smile of love for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor will always be with you, by your side, brushing your cheek with his hand, and growing flowers in your path

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every word you write projects an image setting up the next word.
    I hope that is understood.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is with you always Martie❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marty, One the BEST words , and you have written so many, you have ever written. Your Angel, Taylor will always have your heeart. As you did his. BLESS. xo Margo & Matt Quay

    ReplyDelete