Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fun Sun Sky Try


I am lifting the white from sky

Sifting it into a powder dry

To swirl with my silver spoon

To drink this mist off bloom of blue


Who dare inhibit the sky not I

I just want to blow some haze away

And dust the corners of the trees

Where spider web has caught the leaves


I’ll play in all this spring green thought

In dappled light be caught with naked face

And a bit of sunshine’s grace just out of reach

Of times great sweeping hand I can


Disturb the way that things must flow

A rhythm slow I’ll take to fast then dance this dream

With blues the beat and barefoot tapping dirt touched feet

To keep this drain from seeping out the pool’s cool rule


For I would make the water warm and sky to storm

Without a doubt I’d cry the rain all over me

And live as if mother nature be in tree

And with a whim lift up my chin with smile's beguile

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I love this poem, from the innocent rhymes of the title to the that of the final two words. It captures the essence of everything that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy that you "love this poem", Sam...thank you!

    ReplyDelete