Sunday, June 14, 2009

Music from the First of Summer






The grasses move like feathers

in the breezes through the canyon

and the fog in soft of cover

brings the ocean’s fragrant sand in




And the sleepy peace of dawning

with only sheets for cover

softly feather heads on pillows

touch an eyelash still a dreaming




And the buds of petals sing now

with a buzz of frantic movement

giving purpose to the beauty

that has filled the air with fragrance




And I want to dance on green grass

in a dress of yellow sunflowers

lay me down within the arbor

listen as the fruit is ripening



But I feel the clock is ticking

in the shadows past the hedges

caught within the dirt and drainage

of the folding fallen wildflowers


So I hold on to the questions

and I wait for the horizon

to reply with mauve of sunset

warm with dark and heavy breathing



And I know the perfect feeling

is in holding on one minute

to a look that’s filled with loving

falling into drape of silken


For the hum in dark of midnight

under canopy of stardom

singing soft the mad of midday

with a sigh within a love song



is the music from the first of summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment