Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Searching for the Wand

I see the open door, come two, come four,
the dry dirt holds its tender cover
where petals all color and blushful
dot the floor.

Thatched with muscle from the pine,
I pull the plug on holding back
and cuddle up within me,
a tree so high
my sky is colored green,
and under me a bed too soft to lay my head
is for dancing instead.

(Dare I ignite the muffled laughter
of the critters all scurry run beneath me?
After all, I’m standing on their pine needle rafters.)

One after another day, (should I weep?)
as the fabric not tatted falls around my feet?

No downpour from this leak
can awaken youth;
yet, I see another truth.

Ardor in blood is born
and I am torn; each piece must consider
how the wind sweeps the needle’s path
onto a canvas without brush or paint,
knowing that nothing lasts….or does it?

Something wild and wet in loving
can be made fertile again by mulching;
so, to faint upon a ground so considerate
merits knowing who held the wand
that wonder made it
and also tracked the lines across my face
and with one finger traced the fragile lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment